Tuesday, September 12, 2017

DonorsChoose.org Wants to Donate $50 to Teachers!

Are you a public school teacher that has never had a DonorsChoose.org project get funded? Or, do you know a teacher who never has had a DonorsChoose.org project get funded?

You might want to watch my free webinar this Saturday morning on Classroom 2.0 LIVE. http://live.classroom20.com/

I know you will be inspired to write a project after the webinar, but don't submit your project until Monday, September 25th!

Why? DonorsChoose.org will be sponsoring Welcome Week beginning Monday, September 25th. All week long, public school teachers who submit their first DonorsChoose.org request on September 25th or later will receive a $50 kickoff donation from the DonorsChoose.org community. If that teacher is clever enough to write a project with a match, the $50 donation will be matched, bringing the total kickoff donation to $100!

Welcome Week will be a huge help to teachers that are brand new to DonorsChoose.org, AND teachers that have previously submitted a project before, but have never had a project fund. Both types of teachers will qualify for the $50 kickoff donation during Welcome Week if the teacher waits until September 25th to submit the project! The $50 donation will occur towards the end of Welcome Week.

Peggy George invited me to be a guest on the online webinar program, Classroom 2.0 LIVE so I can help explain to teachers how to successfully write a DonorsChoose.org project and get it funded. I will be giving away DonorsChoose.org gift cards to some lucky listeners, so try to attend this webinar!

During the webinar I will be guiding teachers step-by-step on how to write a project that will get funded! Imagine getting a $100 donation to a project that is under a total cost of $500!

I am a fan of writing small DonorsChoose.org projects because small projects often are easier to fund than large projects. If you want to write a project, I suggest writing a project under $200 that qualifies for a match offer so you will be able to successfully get it funded! Share this special funding opportunity with your teacher friends.

Here is a link to see the current DonorsChoose.org match offers:
https://www.donorschoose.org/match-offers

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known about Welcome Week sooner; I would have written my project now. :) I wrote my first ever DC project in June with the tolerance match. I am the only donor thus far after sharing with FB friends, on Twitter, and with students' parents. Not sure what else to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. End your project Lee Ann. Submit a new project on September 25th. The Tolerance match has ended, but if you teach at a high poverty school there are some great matches available. https://www.donorschoose.org/match-offers

      Delete